Read on for the recipe
White Bean, Potato and Greens Soup
A hearty winter soup to fill and warm you up!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (or one 15-oz can)
2 medium potatoes, cubed (about 2 cups)
4 cups vegetable broth
4 cups fresh greens (kale, endive, spinach, arugula, and/or mustard greens), chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the white beans, potatoes, and vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
4. Toss in the greens, stir until just wilted (3-5 minutes, depending on the green) and turn off the heat.
5. Blend half of the soup with an immersion or standard blender for a creamier consistency and enjoy!